Pioneer digital marketing site The New Media (TNM) held its first ever The New Media Digital Heroes Awards. The first batch of awardees are individuals and organizations who used social media to help out during the recent Habagat flood. They are:
- Mahar Lagmay (Project NOAH)
- DOST_Pagasa Twitter Team
- MMDA Twitter Team
- Aileen Apolo, Google and Google Volunteers
- Undersecretary Manolo Quezon III, PCDSPO
- Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigal Valte
- Rosario Juan, #RescuePH and #Relief PH
- Tonyo Cruz, #RescuePH and #Relief PH
- JP Loh, #RescuePH and #Relief PH
These awardees were key figures who used various online channels including Twitter, Facebook, and Google Docs to mobilize and lead rescue and relief efforts to aid the families that were struck by the disaster.
TNM hopes that through this event, they will be able to inspire more Filipino netizens to use technology and social media as a positive driving force, especially during a calamity.