More and more are shifting to the cloud for factors such as low cost, agility, mobility, and business continuity.
Last February saw the successful launch of Microsoft’s new Office for consumer and enterprise. Today, Microsoft brings another proud innovation to the cloud—the Office 365 for Business and for Education.
Office 365 is a full cloud service for business and education, providing multiple options to organizations when deciding where to station their productivity technologies. Microsoft makes sure to deliver their cloud services on the customers terms, may it be through their own data center or off-premise via hosting partners or Microsoft 365. It empowers enterprises, SMBs, and educational institutions through a flexible run of their applications, eliminating the need for physical servers. With this cloud service, organizations can have access to data and attain productivity with every device wherever they are.
“At Microsoft, we work hard to transform organizations and individuals through our family of devices and services,” said Karrie Ilagan, Microsoft Philippines Managing Director. “In line with this, we are officially launching the all new Office 365—a full cloud service—to our business and education customers nationwide to provide them ‘the no compromise’ productivity experience built for the modern workplace.” Ilagan added.
Office 365 for Education also delivers the power of cloud productivity to educational institutions at no cost and without compromising data privacy. It is comprised of the familiar Microsoft Office desktop applications, as well as Exchange, SharePoint, and Lync.
Some of the country’s top schools are on Office 365, including the Mapua Institute of Technology, Miriam College, Polytechnic University of the Philippines, Treston College, and Enderun College, among many others. Enderun College is the first school to move to the cloud with Microsoft’s Office 365 for Education.
Dr. Lydia King, Department Head for Technology Management of Enderun said, “Office 365 is a solution like no other. We are able to leverage on cloud technology and access our files from anywhere on our mobile devices.”
Moreover, Coca-Cola Philippines has moved to the cloud as a strategic direction to engage and communicate better with its partners, employees, and customers, while Banapple Pies and Cheesecakes credited the Office 365 as one important element on the growth of their food chain.
The Benefits of Office 365
- Office 365 delivers the optimal benefits of the cloud
- Office 365 allows employees to be more productive by facilitating online and offline access and enables working from anywhere.
- Office 365 delivers the collaborative power of the web and familiar productivity tools that customers prefer across multiple devices.
- Office 365 is social. It has integrated platforms such as Yammer, an enterprise social networking tool.
- Office 365 enables collaboration. With the tools of Office 365 like Lync, Exchange and SharePoint, online meetings, videoconferencing and digital note-taking are possible.
- Office 365 gives people a choice on their preferred device and ITs can have the control they need.
To learn more about Office 365, visit www.microsoft.com.ph/office.