Seagate recently unveiled two of their newest enterprise-class hard disk drives (HDD). The Seagate Terascale HDD and the Seagate Enterprise Performance 10K HDD v7 are HDD offerings built with optimized performance for both budding cloud infrastructures and large-scale data centers. The Terascale HDD and Enterprise Performance 10K HDD v7 are ideal for system builders in providing high-capacity storage even in low-power configurations. Both are perfect for efficient and affordable storage for the ever-growing amount of unstructured data usually stored in the cloud.
- High-Capacity— 4TB HDD, available in a 3.5-inch enterprise-class SATA HDD enabling scalable, high-capacity storage in 24×7 environments.
- Low Power Consumption— among the lowest operating power in the industry for 3.5-inch enterprise HDD, providing reduced energy and cooling costs.
- Value—affordable storage for 24×7 multi-drive replicated environments.
- High Vibration Tolerance—consistent performance
- Interface Optimization— 6 Gb/s SATA interface for easy system integration and optimized burst performance.
- Easy Drive Disposal or Repurposing— ISE feature at no additional cost.
Key features of the Seagate Enterprise Performance 10K HDD v7:
- High-Capacity— twice the capacity of legacy 3.5-inch, 15K-RPM hard drives at the same performance (204MB/s SDR) within a lower power envelope.
- Unified Architecture—converging disparate interfaces, form factors and security standards.
- Small Footprint— 2.5-inch form factor
- RAID Recovery— Seagate RAID Rebuild technology makes RAID recovery faster and safer.
- Instant Secure Erase Technology— makes it safe, fast, and easy to retire or repurpose drives.
“Over the next eight years, the capacity shipped into the cloud will double and by 2020 personal and enterprise clouds will account for greater than 60 percent of the total storage capacity shipped. With this huge shift of capacity to the cloud, storage providers will need to deploy more storage quickly all while increasing capacity and lowering energy costs,” said Scott Horn, Seagate Vice President of Marketing. “Engineered with this mind, these new drives deliver on all fronts providing high capacity-to-power ratios and ensuring consistent performance at an affordable cost—making them an ideal solution for the cloud.” Horn, concluded.
The Seagate Terascale HDD retails for PHP 13,399.00 and is available at the Seagate Concept Stores in SM Megamall, SM North EDSA, and authorized retailers and resellers nationwide. To know more about the latest products from Seagate, you may visit www.seagate.com/www/terascale and www.seagate.com/www/enterprise10k.