Honda Cars Philippines, Inc. signaled it is ready to once again make its mark on the Philippine automotive market with the launch of the all-new Honda Civic and the opening of “Honda Mania,” an exhibit and test drive event held at the Bonifacio Global City.
“During the development of the model, emphasis was placed on Fun-to-Drive and Fuel Efficient performance, Clean and Energetic styling, and Smart Technology interface.
Increase in body rigidity, reduction in weight, revised suspension settings, added insulation and other improvements increase the Fun-to-Drive experience of the all-new Civic. To help the driver achieve better fuel economy, the Eco Assist technology was applied, which is also found in Honda’s hybrid models. The Eco Assist technology consists of the ECON mode and the Eco coaching ambient meter. Engaging the ECON mode controls the engine, drive-by-wire, transmission, and air-conditioner to further improve the already outstanding fuel efficiency of the all-new Civic. The Eco coaching ambient meter guides the driver to become more fuel-efficient by measuring throttle input and displaying a blue light in the instrument panel when driving aggressively and a green light when driving in a fuel-efficient manner.
The exterior of the all-new Civic shows a powerful and clear styling of the unique and dynamic mono-form body. On the other hand, the interior features Honda’s first 5-inch color LCD intelligent multi-information display, or i-MID. This smart interface has instantly understandable information display and intuitive and easy-to-operate controls at the steering wheel. The i-MID menu shows audio and fuel consumption information and also allows the driver to customize the vehicle light settings. “
Initially available in the 1.8 liter EXI variant, the all-new Honda Civic comes in Urban Titanium, Taffeta White, Carnelain Red, and Crystal Black with a price tag of Php 1.074 million.
Honda Mania starts today (February 16) and will run ‘til Sunday, 19 February. Visitors will be able to see and test-drive the new Honda Civic along with the rest of the Honda product line-up including the Honda City, the Jazz Special Edition, and the Accord.
• 1.8 EXI
Engine and Transmission:
• 1.8-liter i-VTEC 4-cylinder
• Maximum power: 141 ps @ 6,500 rpm
• Maximum torque: 17.7 kg-m @ 4,300 rpm
• 5-speed automatic transmission
• Projector-type halogen headlights
• Front fog lights
• 16” alloy wheels
• Door mirror-mounted side turn lights
• Rear reverse camera (displayed in the i-MID screen)
• Integrated audio system with CD/MP3/WMA player; USB connectivity and Auxiliary In
• 6 speakers (including tweeters)
• Steering wheel controls (for i-MID and audio system)
• Cruise controls (steering wheel mounted)
• Bluetooth Hands Free Telephone Function (steering wheel integrated)
• 60:40 split-folding rear seats
• Manually adjustable headlight leveling switch
• Leather steering wheel
• Beige interior fabric
• G-CON (G-Force Control) collision safety technology
• Dual SRS airbags
• ABS with Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD)
• Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA)
• Carnelian Red (new)
• Urban Titanium
• Taffeta White
• Crystal Black
Suggested Retail Price (SRP):
• Php 1,074,000