Last October 18, 2011, more than 1000 salon owners, VIPs, artists and members of the press gathered for L’Oréal Colour Trophy 2011 at the Newport Performing Arts Theater, Resorts World Manila. Touted as the Oscars of Hairdressing, L’Oréal Colour Trophy is a tradition of more than 50 years worldwide and is held in more than 50 countries internationally. Held only once every 2 years in the Philippines, L’Oréal Colour Trophy 2011 celebrated the talent of Filipino hairdressers as they interpreted the theme BeautéOriginelle, L’OréalProfessionnel’s international Fall/Winter 2011 Color Collection. Garbed in Russell Villafuerte original creations that also reflected the theme, the finalists’ 25 models sported BeautéOriginelle creations that blended cut, colour and styling.
Out of the hundreds of entries L’OréalProfessionnel received this year, the 25 finalists showcased their talent and expertise in the following 4 categories:
- The Next Generation categoryfor stylists aged 23 and below
- The Men’s Best Image categoryfor wearable, fashion-forward looks for every Filipino man
- The Ladies’ Best Image categoryto interpret the trend to suit every Filipina
- The Total Look Categoryto blend colour, cut and style for a full fashion statement using the revolutionary hair colour of the future: INOA.
Capped by spectacular production numbers that included stylists’ at work backstage videos, Taiko Drummers, aerialists, dancers, and the Opera Belles, each category had its own personality that reflected the theme.
After all the local creations were presented, the audience welcomed World Master of Hairdressing and international guest artistMr. Paul Serville, founder of New Zealand’s luxury Servilles Group of Salons. Mr. Paul Serville showcased wearable creations with a styling exhibition on stage.
A monumental production number capped off the show, where the models once again took to the stage and all the 25 finalists were presented via hydraulic risers. This year’s winners esteemed panel of judges were also presented to the audience as they awarded the winners of Colour Trophy 2011 with the L’OréalPhilippines Country Managing Committee. The panel of judges included:
- World Master of Hairdressing, International Guest Artist and Founder of the Servilles Group of Salons of New Zealand, Mr. Paul Serville
- L’OréalProfessionnel Singapore Education Manager, Mr. Dylan Sew
- Fashion Designer Extraordinaire, Russell Villafuerte, who also designed the models’ clothes for the evening
- Renowned Photographer, Pat Dy, who also took the models’ portraits
This years’ winners were a diverse group of individuals. But all of them share passion for their craft. They are:
Total Look GRAND WINNER: Richard Perello of Henri Calayag Salon, Greenbelt, Makati
Total Look, 1st Runner Up: Hauelle Dongallo of Hair Studio Davao
Total Look, 2nd Runner Up: Wesley Po of Angelo Falconi III Salon Professionals Shell Almanza
Ladies’ Best Image: Anthony Erlano of David’s Salon, Ali Mall Cubao
Men’s Best Image: Rendelito Samot of Edwin Samot Salon, Nueño
Next Generation: Richelle Moradas of Hairshaft Podium
Sharing L’OréalProfessionnel’s objective of developing the industry, these winners share a passion for their craft that is truly reminiscent of being one of the world’s greatest hairdressers!