Ten years of significant existence is no small feat. This is what the Car Awards Group Inc. (CAGI) is presenting at the 2014 Manila International Auto Show (MIAS), with the display of the Mazda 6 as the Car of the Year-Philippine 2013-2014 (COTY-P) and the Ford Ranger Wildtrak as the Truck of the Year-Philippines 2013-2014 (TOTY-P).
All category winners from the recently concluded awards night will also be on display at the 2014 MIAS, such as the following:
- Best Executive Car 2013-2014 – Mazda 6.
- Best 4×4 Pick-Up 2013-2014 – Ford Ranger WildTrak
- Best Compact 2WD Crossover & Wagon 2013 – 2014 – Mazda CX-5 2.0 Pro
- Best Compact AWD Crossover and Wagon 2013 – 2014 – Mazda CX-5 2.5 AWD
- Best Premium Subcompact Car2013 – 2014 – Ford Fiesta Titanium
- Best Basic Subcompact Car 2013 – 2014 – Mitsubishi Mirage G4 GLX M/T
- Best Subcompact Car 2013 – 2014 – Hyundai Accent Hatchback CRDi M/T
- Best Sports Car 2013 – 2014 – Honda CR-Z Modulo M/T
- Best Midsize Crossover and Wagon 2013 – 2014 – KIA Sorento LX FWD
- Best Premium Crossover and Wagon 2013 – 2014 – Volvo V40
- Best SUV 2013 – 2014 – Chevrolet Trailblazer 4×2 A/T
- Best Van 2013 – 2014 – Foton View Traveler
- Best 4×2 Pick-Up 2013 – 2014 – Isuzu D-MAX LS 4×2 A/T
CAGI is composed of motoring journalists from various print, TV and online media outlets, and holds annual testfests to determine the year’s COTY-P and the TOTY-P. Its most recent testfest was on November 4-6, 2013 at the Filinvest Tent in Filinvest City, Alabang. Forty-five units were tested, with nineteen cars showing up on the first day, and thirteen autos each showing up on the second and third days of testing. The vehicles were all launched from January 1, 2013-November 3, 2013, in keeping with the condition that the units eligible for the 2013-2014 testfest were launched within one calendar year, or had significant engine and transmission changes.
The 2013-2014 COTY-P and TOTY-P season was supported by Filinvest City Alabang, Caltex with Techron, the Manila International Auto Show, Worldbex Services International, Speedlab, Robert Bosch Philippines, Victoria Court, AAP, MG Madrid & Company and Winner Graphics.
The Car Awards Group, Inc. is backed by the following media partners: Business Mirror, BusinessWorld, Daily Tribune, Malaya Business Insight, Manila Bulletin, Manila Standard Today, Manila Times, Philippine Daily Inquirer, The Philippine Star, World News, AQ, Gadgets Magazine, Motorcycle Magazine, PowerWheels Magazine, Speed Magazine, TopGear Philippines, Autoindustriya.com, CarGuide.ph, Interaksyon.com, Kotse.com, Motioncars.com, SprocketPH.com, Auto Focus, Auto Review, Motoring Today, Stoplight TV, Gearbox on Jam 88.3 FM, Inside Motoring on DZRJ 810 AM, and Racing Beat on Wave 89.1 FM.