Ford Philippines and its network of dealers are responding to the needs of Ford customers by offering special rates on the repair of Ford vehicles that have been damaged by Typhoon Maring’s floodwaters.
Until 31 October, Ford is offering a 20% discount to customers with damaged vehicles for parts not covered by their insurance plans, and a 10% discount on labour at any authorised Ford dealership.
For insurance-covered repairs, customers will receive a 15% discount on parts, as well as the same 10% discount on labour.
To be eligible, vehicles must have been purchased from an authorised Ford dealership, and must be received by the dealer between 20 August to 31 October. Discounts are not applicable to parts sold over-the-counter and are not convertible to cash.
Motorists whose vehicles have been damaged by water are advised to follow the advice of Ford’s technical and service experts:
- Contact any of Ford’s 32 authorized dealerships to arrange for an inspection and evaluation of the flooded vehicle. More information and contact details can be found at www.ford.com.ph.
- Contact your insurance carrier or agent and promptly report the exposure of your vehicle to water or flood. Have basic information ready such as your name, address, contact numbers (landline/cellular phone), car make and plate number, policy number, and whether policy covers “acts of god.”
- Do not attempt to start a flooded vehicle until thorough inspection and cleaning have been conducted. Try to disconnect battery terminals starting with the negative terminal.
- Take immediate steps to dry the vehicle as much as possible to reduce the time its components are exposed to water.
- Record the highest level of water exposure on the flooded vehicle. This will aid a qualified technician in the evaluation process as well as taking the necessary steps to correct any damage.
Authorized Ford dealerships are located in Alabang, Balintawak, Commonwealth, EDSA, Global City, Libis, Makati, Manila, Manila Bay, and Quezon Avenue. Provincial dealerships are located in Batangas, Bohol, Butuan, Cabanatuan, Cagayan de Oro, Cainta, Cavite, Cebu, Dagupan, Davao, Ilocos Norte, Iloilo, Isabela, Laguna, Lipa, Minglanilla, Negros Occidental, Pampanga, Subic, Naga, Tacloban, Tarlac, and Isabela.