Bermaz Auto Philippines Inc. (BAP), the exclusive distributor of Mazda vehicles and parts in the country, reported record sales numbers for the month of December and the full year of 2017.
The 2017 full year sales result of 5,244 units represents the company’s best sales year since taking over the Mazda distributorship 5 years ago in 2013. In 2012, the year prior to BAP, a total of 1,414 units were sold. The December 2017 sales registration of 1,006 cars, SUVs and trucks was also the best-ever monthly sales performance for the brand.
The break down for Mazda Philippines’ record 5,244 sales is as follows.
- 9 out of the 12 sales months in 2017 were the highest on record since 2004.
- The Mazda2, Mazda6, CX-3, CX-5, CX-9 and MX-5 nameplates enjoyed their best-ever sales year in 2017.
- Mazda2 – Since the introduction of the all-new Skyactiv Mazda2 in 2015, the model has been gaining popularity with first time car buyers, proving that small cars can offer advanced technology and equipment that surpass even more expensive cars and premium brands. The Mazda2 posted a record sales year with 1,485 units sold.
- MX-5 roadster – The best-selling sports car in history enjoyed its best sales year in 2017 with 246 units sold.
- CX-9 7-seater crossover – Despite the late launch in Q4, the CX-9 achieved its best sales year ever with 191 units registered.
- CX-3 – The small premium crossover had its best sales year in 2017 with 327 registered releases. The CX-3 has taken off since its introduction in 2016.
MAZDA PHILPPINES SALES TREND UNDER BAP
“2017 was indeed a banner year for us at Mazda Philippines,” says Steven Tan, president and CEO of BAP. He adds, “Not only did we surpass the ‘5,000 within five years target’ which we set for ourselves back in 2013 when BAP started its operations in the country, we also established new sales records for 9 out of the 12 months of 2017. This is a clear indication that Mazda’s striking Kodo design and groundbreaking SKYACTIV Technologies have become top of mind features for those who look for premium quality and craftsmanship along with value for money from their vehicle purchases. Even with the large number of choices available now to the car buying public and the volatility of the market due to evolving government fiscal policies, Mazda continues to stand out among car buyers for providing the best vehicles in terms of design, engineering, and ease of ownership.”
Bermaz Auto Philippines, Inc. is the exclusive distributor of Mazda vehicles and parts in the Philippines. Its current product lineup now includes the Mazda2 sub-compact sedan and hatchback, the Mazda3 compact sedan and hatchback, the Mazda6 full-size executive sedan and sports wagon, the CX-3 freestyle crossover, the all-new CX-5 five-seater and the all-new CX-9 seven-seater premium crossovers, the MX-5 2-seater sports roadster and the BT-50 pickup truck. There are 19 Mazda 3S dealerships located across the Philippines and Metro Manila – Mazda Greenhills, Mazda Pasig, Mazda Quezon Avenue, Mazda North EDSA, Mazda Makati, Mazda Alabang, Mazda Otis, Mazda Cavite, Mazda Sta. Rosa, Mazda Pulilan, Mazda Pampanga, Mazda Dagupan, Mazda Cabanatuan, Mazda Tarlac, Mazda Negros, Mazda Cebu, Mazda Iloilo, Mazda Cagayan De Oro and Mazda Davao.