Late last year, RIM released what the company calls BlackBerry Mobile Fusion—a new solution aimed at simplifying the way an enterprise manages the diverse portfolio of devices that their employees use. The good news is that it recently made its way to the Philippines.
BlackBerry Mobile Fusion is RIM’s next-generation mobile device management solution for enterprises. What it does is provide a cost-efficient, secure, reliable, and scalable way for them to consolidate the management of smartphones and tablets running BlackBerry OS, which includes support for BlackBerry PlayBook, future BlackBerry 10 devices, Android, and iOS. This is especially useful for government and business entities that make use of these types of devices for their personnel.
In addition to that, BlackBerry Mobile Fusion also provides comprehensive mobile device management capabilities for iOS and Android devices, which include the following:
- Support for multiple devices per user
- Application and software management
- Connectivity management (Wi-Fi®, VPN, certificates)
- Centralized, easy to use, unified web-based console
- Security and policy definition and management
- Asset management
- Configuration management
- Security and protection for lost or stolen devices (remote lock, wipe)
- User- and group-based administration
BlackBerry Mobile Fusion software is available as a free download and is priced by the number of devices being managed. Client access licenses (CALs) can be purchased from Globe Telecom, Smart Communications, and Sun Cellular. RIM is also offering a 60 day free trial, which can be availed of at ph.blackberry.com/mobilefusion.